Our contractor recently provided an update on progress for the 136th/Valentine improvements. This project reconstructs 1.5 miles of 136th Avenue East/Valentine Avenue SE from 24th Street East in the City of Sumner to County Line/Division Road in the City of Pacific. In Sumner, to date, this has involved installing
- 3550 cubic yards of concrete for roadway
- 5,113 lineal feet of concrete curb and gutters
- 1,500+ square yards of new sidewalk on both the east and west side of the road
- 30+ side sewers extended and refurbished from right of way to the main line
- New signal equipment currentlyat the intersection of 24th and Valentine with possible turn on in early/ mid-November
Photos are below, and there’s more information about the project, including what’s been done to date, on the project webpage. Click here to take a look.