Although our wells are holding out fine with this dry spell, it’s still a great idea to watch your water use. It’s still a precious resource that can be so easily wasted in dry months, and you’ll thank yourself when you pay your utility bill later this fall, based on your water use now.
- Always water everything at night. Watering while the sun is up just loses a significant portion of the water to evaporation, leaving your plants still thirsty.
- Take short showers instead of baths.
- Recycle water from things like dog bowls, kiddie pools and baths (if you must) to water plants.
- Turn off the water while you brush your teeth.
- Only run the dishwasher and washing machine when you have full loads.
- Sweep driveways and sidewalks instead of spraying them down.