The City has been working with Berk Consulting to take all of your ideas, dreams and wishes from the past months of open houses, surveys and even Pop-Ups in the Parks. They distilled those ideas and thoughts into a plan for Sumner’s next 20 years. It was a similar plan over 20 years ago that identified and built places like Rainier View Park and the Sumner Link Trail.
The draft plan has recommendations for new parks plus upgrades to existing parks like Seibenthaler and Rainier View. Once passed by the Council, the new plan will give Sumner the ability to seek grant funding as early as this spring to start making these ideas be come reality.
1. Review the draft plan, which is the following seven documents:
- Draft Sumner Parks and Trails Plan (pdf)
- Draft Plan Appendices (pdf)
- Errata (Corrected Errors) Dec 2017 (pdf)
- Errata January 5, 2018 (pdf)
- Sample Impact Fees Ordinance (pdf)
- Impact Fee Rate Study (pdf)
- Sample Ordinance Language (pdf)
2. Attend upcoming Council Study Sessions and Meetings as the draft language is reviewed, changed and scheduled for adoption. Check the agenda packets for specific meeting details for this topic.