Mission of City Attorney: To professionally, effectively and efficiently provide quality legal service to and for the City of Sumner.
The City Attorney acts as the legal advisor for the Mayor, City Administrator, Councilmembers and all officers and officials of the City. The City Attorney drafts ordinances, resolutions and contracts, advises as to the legality of such documents and actions, furnishes written opinions on all matters relating to the affairs of the City and represents the City in all matters of litigation.
The City Attorney does not represent the individual citizens of the City in private matters such as criminal defense, landlord/tenant issues, private property issues, recovery of loaned money, divorce issues, recovery of wages from an employer, or child custody issues. For these types of matters, please contact and consult a private attorney.
The City Attorney’s office provides court and procedural information, support and referral information to domestic violence victims and assists with other needs citizens require.
How We Can Help You
- You would like information on the process of court.
- You are a victim of domestic violence and need assistance. Online Information
- To request a copy of discovery (i.e. your police report and any other related materials in the prosecutor’s file), PDF format or Word format
- For other court issues, please visit the Municipal Court’s page.
Frequently Requested Legal Forms:
- Discovery Request in PDF format or Word format
- Speedy Trial Waiver (pdf)
- Stipulation and Order for Continuance (pdf)
Please note: If making a litigation discovery or public disclosure request, you must use the appropriate forms and submit as instructed. The city’s internet pages and any locations accessible from them, as well as any links or emails accessible through them, may not be used in lieu of this process as these links are not monitored specifically for litigation discovery or public disclosure requests.
1104 Maple Street, Suite 242, Sumner WA 98390
253-299-5610 FAX 253-299-5509
Full Employee Contact List