LATERAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Establishment of an Initial Eligibility List
POSITION: Full time Lateral Police Officer
DATE OPEN: Open continuously.
SALARY RANGE: $5,323 – 6,487 (2014 salary range with excellent benefits)
- Must be at least 21 years of age and a US Citizen.
- High School Diploma or GED. Two year college degree preferred.
- Valid Washington Drivers License (or ability to obtain one by date of hire).
- No felony convictions. Ability to pass extensive background check, including polygraph, medical and psychological exam. Must have two years of law enforcement experience as a full time police officer with a recognized law enforcement agency, and have been employed within the last 12 months.
- Graduate of the Washington State Criminal Justice Training Commission Basic Academy, certified as eligible to hold a police commission in the State of Washington, or must be able to meet Washington State Equivalency requirements within 6 months of hire.
- Must be able to physically perform the essential functions of the position of police officer.
CITY OF SUMNER | HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT | 1104 MAPLE STREET SUMNER, WA |98390 OR email@example.com
THE CITY OF SUMNER IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER