Sumner is a very active community and offers a variety of recreational options:
- Gordon Family YMCA (all ages)
- Recreation Department (all ages)
- Sumner Senior Center (55+)
- Kidz Love Soccer (kids)
- Sumner Taekwondo Academy (kids/teens/adults)
- Auburn Gymnastics in Sumner (kids)
- Mt. Rainier Futbol Club (kids/teens)
- ManeStage Theatre Camp (kids/teens)
- ACT1 Theatre Productions (kids/teens/adults)
- Jazzercize (adults)
- Henschell Chiropractic (Mom & Baby Yoga; Prenatal Yoga)
- Wolf Camp and the Conservation College (kids)
- Northwest Prospects Academy (kids)
- Camp Invention (kids)
- Rainier Crossfit (kids/teens/adults/seniors)
- Body Logic Fitness (adults)
- Crossfit Puyallup (adults/teens/kids)
- Edge Fitness (Adult and Kid programs)
- Hot Yoga at the Edge, Puyallup (age 15+)
- Planet Fitness (adults)
- Joette’s Yoga (adult/”student”/seniors)
- Armstrong Fit (adults)
- Prana Hot Yoga & Body Sculpt (teens/adults)
- Summit Boxing Club
- Thrush Sports Performance Center (adults)
- Sumner Crossfit (teens/adults)
- Curves (adults, women only)
- The Little Gym of Puyallup (kids)
- Puget Sound School of Gymnastics 1217 13th St SE, Puyallup, WA 98372 (sorry, no website)
- Yoga Soleil
- Hot Yoga Inc. Puyallup (teens/adults/seniors)
- Puyallup Basketball Academy (kids)
- Diamond Sports Training (kids/teens)
- RISE Football Academy (teens)
- Washington Premier Football Club (kids/teens)
- C Fitness (kids/adults)
- Pinnacle Martial Arts (kids/adults)
- Daffodil Bowl (kids/adult)
- Elite School of Dance (kids/teens)
- The Dance Academy (kids/teens/adults)
- Payette’s School of Dance (kids/teens/adults)
- Puyallup Children’s Theater & Music Academy (kids/teens)
This list is offered as a reference of options to help keep Sumner active and healthy. The City does not endorse any of the options nor have any affiliation with these organizations, except for the Sumner Senior Center, which is operated by the City of Sumner through a partnership with Stafford Suites. Options range in offerings for arts and sports for a variety of pages. Please explore each organization further through that organization’s website and contact information. Organizations include both non-profit and for-profit businesses and will have fees for membership/participation/classes. If you see an option that is missing, please let us know.
Other Regional Recreation
Sumner provides easy access to Mt. Rainier, Puget Sound, Lake Tapps, and lots of recreational opportunities.
Tacoma-South Sound Sports Commission
Tacoma South Sound Sports is a non-profit organization that assists in the development of amateur athletic events in Pierce County. They serve to promote Pierce County as a destination for amateur sporting events to positively drive the economic development, shape the future of sports in the region, and influence the quality of life.
Visit Rainier offers good information about Mt. Rainier National Park and its surrounding area, including options for fishing, hiking, skiing and more. One great feature is the webcam on Mt. Rainier, so you can check the weather right at the mountain, which may be different than in Sumner.
Pierce County Parks
The County parks offer a wide range of options from the BMX track in Riverbend Park, just south of Sumner, to Chambers Bay Golf Course, home to the 2015 U.S. Open, approximately 20 miles west of Sumner.
Tacoma + Pierce County
The regional convention & visitor bureau can help you find more recreation adventures from mountain climbing to kayaking.
Washington State Parks
Nearby State Parks offer access to forests, lakes and Puget Sound, with picnic and camp areas.