Description: This is a modification to a MDNS (PLN-2010-0053) that was issued February 9, 2011; the proposal is for the expansion of Memory Haven’s facility, which currently houses two 6,000 square foot dementia care cottages 15 parking spaces and landscaping. The proposed expansion will include one new approximately 6,000 square dementia care cottage, housing 15 residents along with staff. This project will also include 7 new parking stalls, fencing, sidewalks and landscaping.
Applicant: AustinCina Architects, 12202 Pacific Avenue Suite C, Tacoma, WA 98444
Project Number: PLN-2017-0058
Location of Proposal: 5103 Parker Road, Sumner, WA 98390 (Parcel #0520196043)
Lead Agency: City of Sumner
The lead agency for this proposal has determined that it does not have a probable significant adverse impact on the environment. An environmental impact statement (EIS) is not required under RCW 43.21C.030 (2)(c). This decision was made after review of a completed environmental checklist and other information on file with the lead agency. This information is available to the public on request. This DNS is issued under 197-11-340 (2); the lead agency will not act on this proposal for 14 days from the date below.
SEPA MITIGATION MEASURES- Conditions of approval
- Applicant shall pay all traffic impact fees in accordance with SMC 12.36 at time of building permit issuance.
- The applicant shall pay appropriate parks/open space, trail, school and fire mitigation fees prior to building permit issuance pursuant to City Ordinance No. 1911.
- Foundation requirements for structures shall be in compliance with a geotechnical report prepared by an appropriate Washington State licensed design professional. A copy of this report shall be included in the application documents for the building permit.
- Construction shall comply with all adopted codes of the City of Sumner including energy, accessibility, ventilation and indoor air quality, automatic sprinkler systems and fire alarm systems.
- Construction documents shall be prepared and stamped by a Washington State licensed design professional. Provide structural calculations.
- Address assignments will be provided when the final configuration is approved.
- A fire department access road/lane shall be provided to within 150 feet of all exterior walls of the first floor of each building.
- Apparatus access roads shall have a minimum unobstructed width of 20 feet. **The 12 foot width shown is not acceptable.
- Provide a 26 foot width for 30 foot or taller buildings, to provide for aerial apparatus operations. EPFR Ladder 13 dimensions will be provided upon request.
- The minimum inside turning radius for access roads/lanes shall be 28 feet.
- The storm water system south of this project along Parker Rd shall be extended to and through the project frontage in accordance with the city project CIP-15. The depth of this main extension shall be adequate to serve all adjacent basins.
- This project must include half street improvements to Parker Rd and Elm St along the project frontages as necessary to bring the roadways to current standards. These improvements will include illumination, storm drainage, curb, gutter, sidewalk, pavement, and landscaping.
- Commercial concrete driveway approaches will be installed by the applicant to serve this project.
- The buildings must be equipped with a grease interceptor to prevent fats, oils, and grease from reaching the city sewer mains.
- These buildings must be equipped with an RPBA on the water service.
Responsible Official: Ryan Windish, Director of Community Development, 1104 Maple Street Suite 250, Sumner, WA 98390, (253) 299-5524
Date: July 19, 2017