In addition to the fact that the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 requires cities to have an ADA Transition Plan and take substantial steps toward following it, Sumner values being a walkable, accessible community for all ages and abilities.
The Transition Plan ensures that the City creates reasonable, accessible paths of travel in the public right-of-way for everyone, including people with disabilities. The City of Sumner has made a significant and long-term commitment to improving the accessibility of its pedestrian facilities. The Transition Plan identifies physical barriers and prioritizes improvements that should be made throughout the City of Sumner. This Transition Plan describes the existing policies and programs to enhance overall pedestrian accessibility.
- ADA Transition Plan April 2016.1 (pdf)
- ADA Transition Plan Project List 2016 (pdf)
- ADA Plan – Self-Evaluation Exhibit A Summary and Maps (pdf)
- ADA Plan – Attachment A (pdf)
- 2018 ADA Transition Plan Update 060618 Packet
Public Works Manager