We’re all excited to see warm, sunny days…finally. So are your pets. This is the time of year to take a few simple steps to make sure your pet is prepared to come home safely if they get lost.
- License your pet. You can buy/renew your Sumner license online through Metro Animal Services. Click here to begin.
- Microchip your pet. Click here for more information.
- If your pet is already microchipped, take a moment to determine you’ve moved/changed cell numbers recently, take a moment to update your data on file so that we can find you if we find your pet. For example, have you changed your cell phone number since you first microchipped your pet?
What to Do If Your Pet Gets Lost
- If your pet gets lost, sure there’s Facebook and posters, but don’t forget to call Metro Animal Services too at 253-299-PETS. Our officers will then know to keep an eye out both at the shelter and while on patrol.
- Posters are still a favorite method but please do NOT place them on the City’s utility poles or even artwork in our parks (as we spotted this week). These are not bulletin boards.