Project Name: Salmon Springs Phase II
Permit Application #: PLN-2018-0024
Location: East Valley highway, 46th St Ct E, 153rd Ave Ct E, 45th ST Ct E, 46th St Ct E, Parker Rd and gravel access road north of Parker RD. Work to be completed in existing City of Sumner Right of Way, private easements and existing gravel access located in right of way. Parcel(s): # 0520183012, 0520182011and 0520183010
Description of Proposal: Construct a new water main line from the existing chlorination compound located along the existing gravel right of way continuing north from Parker RD. The water line will continue south to Parker RD and move adjacent to existing residential roadways before connecting into the line at East Valley Highway. This project will use open trenching for the installation of the main line with the exception of the crossing at Salmon Creek where the line will run over the creek at an above grade crossing.
Project Number: PRJ-2015-0010
Applicant: Ted Hill, City of Puyallup 333 S. Meridian, Puyallup, WA 98371
Lead Agency: City of Sumner
The lead agency for this proposal has determined that it does not have a probable significant adverse impact on the environment. An environmental impact statement (EIS) is not required under RCW 43.21C.030 (2)(c). This decision was made after review of a completed environmental checklist and other information on file with the lead agency. This information is available to the public on request.
There is no comment period for this DNS.
This DNS is issued under 197-11-340 (2); the lead agency will not act on this proposal for 14 days from the published date below.
Responsible Official: Ryan Windish Position/Title: Community Development DirectorAddress: 1104 Maple Street Suite 250, Sumner, WA 98390
Phone: (253) 299- 5524
SEPA MITIGATION MEASURES
- Any tree or vegetation within the stream buffer that is removed or damaged to an unhealthy state shall be replanted with the same species and meet Sumner’s standard details for caliper width and planting specifications.
- Sod shall be used to replace any section of planter strip or lawn that is removed or damaged and shall be established per WSDOT standard specifications 8-02.3(16)B and 8-02.3(16)C.
- The City of Puyallup or its contractor(s) shall be responsible for watering and maintaining any replanted or replaced trees for a period of one year after planting or the duration of any landscape maintenance and defect bond.
- The City of Puyallup or its contractor(s) shall work with residents to provide for access to their homes and provide at least two days’ notice prior to work starting in or around a driveway. Door hangers are the preferred method of notice and should include dates that work will be completed and contacts to acquire additional information.
- The access gate located north of Parker Road shall be relocated in order to provide access for designated parks and trails in the vicinity as shown on Sumner’s Park and Trail System Plan. Relocation of said gate shall be to an agreed upon location between the Cities of Sumner and Puyallup and shall be completed upon future trail construction.
Questions or comments: Scott Waller, Assistant Planner: 253-299-5527 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted: July 6, 2018