The City of Sumner Cultural Arts Commission is seeking proposals for artists and musicians to perform at two Nights on Ryan Night Market events in 2021.
About the Event:
The Nights on Ryan outdoor Night Market events are sponsored by the City of Sumner and Cultural Arts Commission. Both events are free to the community and will be held on Ryan Ave. in Sumner, WA on Saturday August 7th and Saturday August 14th 2021. The music must encourage a family friendly, fun and relaxing environment for attendees.
Performance times and dates:
6-9pm on Saturday August 7th, 2021
6-9pm on Saturday August 14h, 2021
Ryan Avenue between Main Street and North Street in Sumner, WA 98390
• To attract a wide variety of people to the City of Sumner and Nights on Ryan Night Market, to celebrate community, the arts, and promote Sumner as a family-friendly destination
The City of Sumner Cultural Arts Commission seeks musicians and bands that will appeal to a diverse audience that ranges from neighborhood residents and employees to families.
- Any range of genres (jazz, salsa, funk, blues, and pop, etc.) by local or regional acts is desired
- The selected band shall perform at one of the two Nights on Ryan events from 6:00PM to 9:00 PM
- No profanities are allowed
- Sound equipment and/or technicians will NOT be provided by the Sumner Cultural Arts Commission
- Load-in and sound check are allowed after 5:15 p.m. on the said date of performance
- Dressing rooms will not be provided
Submissions will be evaluated based on variety of music, diversity of artists, cost for performance, range of experience and reliability with similar events, and quality of material.
To have a band considered for the 2021 Nights on Ryan Night Market events, please submit the following:
• A recent sample of the band’s music – electronic versions are preferred: YouTube links/CD/DVD
• A brief band bio
• Dates available
• Performance fees for a 3 hour event
• Examples of previous performances/venues played
Please submit the selection criteria above to the contact listed below by 5:00 PM on Wednesday, July 28th, 2021
Lana Hoover, City of Sumner via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions contact Lana Hoover at 253.299.5781