CITY OF SUMNER REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS FOR
Right of Way Services for the Parks & Trails Open Space
The City of Sumner is seeking the services of qualified consulting firms to provide right of way services to include appraisal and review of appraisal services, working with the City of Sumner or City partners to negotiate the acquisition of property and documenting all discussions and actions per WSDOT and FHWA standards, if applicable, assisting in the negotiation of agreements with City partners related to property acquisition/holding, and reviewing and documenting the work of City partners, if applicable.
- The Parks & Trails Open Space project will consist of a wide variety of potential property acquisition.
- This process will need to follow WSDOT and FHWA standards.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Information
This material can be made available in an alternate format by emailing Doug Beagle, Deputy Public Works Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 253-299-5715.
Title VI Statement
The City of Sumner in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, 78 Stat. 252, 42 U.S.C. 2000d to 2000d-4 and Title 49, Code of Federal Regulations, Department of Transportation, subtitle A, Office of the Secretary, Part 21, nondiscrimination in federally assisted programs of the Department of Transportation issued pursuant to such Act, hereby notifies all bidders that it will affirmatively ensure that in any contract entered into pursuant to this advertisement, disadvantaged business enterprises as defined at 49 CFR Part 26 will be afforded full opportunity to submit bids in response to this invitation and will not be discriminated against on the grounds of race, color, national origin, or sex in consideration for an award.
BACKGROUND AND DISCUSSION
The City of Sumner is requesting proposals for potential property acquisitions for our Parks and Trail systems within the City of Sumner limits.
- Introduction: Provide a brief introductory letter stating the firm’s interest in the project.
- Discipline: Provide a clear and concise statement of your firm’s specialty or specialties.
- Consultant Qualifications: Consultant qualifications should include detailed information regarding the Consultant’s experience on similar projects.
A statement to the effect that the consultant’s project lead and key team members, as well as sub consultants, will not be replaced without the prior approval of the City shall be included. The Consultant’s qualifications should include the following information:
- Briefly describe at least three (3) but no more than five (5) projects of similar complexity and magnitude undertaken and completed in the past five years and provide references and a phone number for each reference.
- Provide brief resumes of no more than four key members of the proposed project team.
- Of the listed reference projects, list the involvement of proposed project team members for who resumes have been submitted.
- Familiarity with Federal Property Acquisitions.
Submit five (5) hard copies and one electronic file on a disk to the delivery location. The submitted statement should not exceed fifteen (15) pages of content. This includes: the introductory letter and all other requirements. A page is counted as one side of a sheet of paper. Subsequent to the deadline for acceptance of responses, the City will evaluate statements and determine rankings based upon materials submitted.
SELECTION CRITERIA: Selection shall be based on the following:
- Completeness of the Statement of Qualifications.
- Consultant’s experience with projects of similar complexity and function.
- Qualifications of the Consultant’s staff being assigned to this project.
- Demonstrated ability of the Consultant to perform high quality work, to control costs and to meet schedules.
- Demonstrated understanding of Federal Property Acquisition.
The City will complete a technical evaluation of the submitted qualifications and conduct oral interviews (if deemed necessary by the City) using the selection criteria indicated below. Selection of a consultant will be based on evaluation. The top ranked consultant will have the opportunity to enter an agreement with the City. If an agreement cannot be reached with the top ranked firm, the City will contact the firm with the next ranked technical proposal and attempt to negotiate with that firm. The process will be repeated until an agreement is reached. The City of Sumner retains the right to negotiate the final proposal agreement.
Qualifications are due before 10:00 a.m. on January 24, 2019.
Deliver submittals to:
City of Sumner
Attn: Public Works
1104 Maple St., Suite 260
Sumner, WA 98390
Any proposals received after the specified date and time will automatically be rejected and will not receive and further considerations by the City. Postmarks will not be accepted.
Published in the Tacoma News Tribune, Jan 3, 2019 and Jan 10th, 2019.
Published in the Seattle Daily Journal of Commerce, Jan 3, 2019 and Jan 10th, 2019.