The fees prescribed in this section must be paid to the city of Sumner for each sign installation for which a permit is required and must be paid before any such permit is issued.
Type of Sign & Fee
- Wall sign, projecting sign, suspended sign, awning or canopy signs, monument sign greater than 10 square feet: $30.00 + $12.00 for each additional sign on the same permit up to a maximum of $100.00
- Wall sign, projecting sign, suspended sign, awning or canopy signs, monument sign less than 10 square feet: no charge
- Freestanding sign, other than monument sign: $120.00
- Schools, public facilities, and informational signs, city entrance signs, neighborhood identification signs, nonadvertising/nonpromotional, community bulletin board: no charge
- Sidewalk/sandwich boards: $30.00 one-time fee, to be renewed yearly at no charge
- Temporary signs: $35.00, to be renewed yearly
- Special use permit for a period of 60 days: $30.00
Allison Judge, Permit Specialist, 253-299-5530, firstname.lastname@example.org
To schedule inspections, please call the 24-hour inspection line at 253 299-5530.
For more information on code issues, please contact the Building Official at 253-299-5522 or email@example.com.