As of February 1, 2021, we have a new utility billing system. Even if you’ve already been paying online, you must register your account once on the new system before paying.
Quick Tips to Success
- Make sure you are using the new website. You can access it with the button above.
- Once your account is set up using the new website, please bookmark the new site and delete the old one from your Favorites stored in your browser.
- Watch the tutorial (below) or read through the instructions (quite a few people, me included, do not like to read instructions, but it does help a lot).
- Make sure to input your name as all Capital letters; last name first, then the comma, then a space, then the first name (followed by a space, the & sign, another space, and the other person’s first name if it is a joint account). Examples: SMITH, JOHN or SMITH, JOHN & JUDY
- Your statements will be sent via mail as the default. If you would like to have your statements emailed, you will need to change your billing preferences, once they have successfully logged in.
How to Pay Online
Remember, all Sumner utility customers must set up their online account in the new system, starting February 1, 2021. All new customers after that will follow the same process.
- Have your new paper bill in front of you.
- Select Pay Bill Online button (above). This will take you into the new Tyler system.
- Click Citizen Self Service.
- Select Register for a new account. After you’ve registered once, this will be the screen you use to log in.
- Enter your Email, First Name, and Last Name. Then enter the Password you wish to use and enter it again in the Confirm Password field. Please note: the password must be between 8 and 30 characters; contain a lower-case character, contain a number, and contain a special character. Keep track of your password for later use.
- When all the information is filled out correctly, click the REGISTER button.
- VERY IMPORTANT: Do not wait for an email confirmation. The system is not sending emails, but we can’t get it to stop saying it will. Your customer registration is already complete at this point. Return to the Login page to access your new account.
- Use your new login (email) and password to enter your account.
- You will enter the Account Settings page. Under Utility Billing, click “Link to an account.” (The section for Customer Billing will be used later for paying online permit fees. Just ignore that area for now.)
- You will need your Account ID, Customer ID (CID) and Customer Name as it is presented on the new paper utility bill enclosed. This information is a bit different than how it appeared on an old bill. Be sure to enter personal names as LAST NAME, FIRST NAME.
- Once you click “Submit,” you should see the account linked to your customer page. Click on the number to go to the Account Summary Page where you can pay your bill and manage your preferences.
The benefit of this new system is that you can link multiple accounts to one customer and pay them all at once.
You will need to manage your billing preferences. If you only received an email from us before, you will have to select that option again as this is a completely new system. Otherwise, it will revert to sending you paper bills. We will have more tutorial videos on setting preferences soon.
If you have trouble, unfortunately, we can’t walk you through the process in person as we are still restricted from in-person visits per the State’s Safe Start guidelines. We can talk to you on the telephone if you have any questions. Call us at 253-299-5546, Monday-Friday 8 am-5 pm.
Billing Questions: 253-299-5546
Questions/problems with your water/sewer line: 253-299-5740
For after-hours water/sewer emergencies, still call this number and press 0 when you hear the message.