Sumner CARES funding is available to help Sumner residents experiencing difficulties in paying utility bills, rent or garbage bills due to the coronavirus and its effects. The City of Sumner has allocated $60,000 of its CARES Act funding for this program, in partnership with Sumner Rotary and the Sumner-Bonney Lake Family Center.
To be eligible, applicants must
- Be able to demonstrate that their request for assistance is caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. This could include
- Loss of employment – or – reduction in hours of employment
- Health quarantine or isolation due to COVID-19
- Meet the USDA income guidelines for child nutrition programs.
- For housing (rent or mortgage) assistance the applicant must reside within the city limits of Sumner.
- For water/sewer utility payment assistance the applicant must reside within the city of Sumner utility service areas.
- For refuse utility assistance the applicant must reside within the city limits of Sumner.
- For other approved assistance as listed in section 3(a) the applicant must reside within the city limits of Sumner. Assistance under these circumstances should be considered on a case by case basis in conjunction with the City.
If you are in need of assistance and believe you qualify, please contact the Sumner-Bonney Lake Family Center at (253) 891-6150 or email Ida Cortez.
If you are having trouble paying your utility bill for another reason, we can still arrange payment plans to help you. Contact email@example.com or 253-299-5546.