NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the City of Sumner has determined that this proposal does not have a probable significant adverse impact on the environment and does not require an environmental impact statement. This decision was made after review of completed environmental checklist and documents on file. The City will not act for 14 days from the date issued below.
The public has the right to review the contents of the official file for the proposal, provide written comments, participate in the public hearings/meetings, and request a copy of the final decision. Comments may be emailed to Scott Waller at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to 1104 Maple St. Sumner, WA 98390. Comments will be accepted if filed before 5:00pm on March 24, 2021.
Project Name: Triad Machinery
Permit Application No: PLN-2020-0062
Location: 13607 24th Street, Sumner WA 98390
Parcel(s): # 4495401361)
Description of Proposal: Construction of a new 25,000 SF 2-story building for the purpose of selling and renting of heavy construction equipment. The building includes approx. 1,184 SF of commercial retail space, 4,544 SF of office space, 6,416 SF of warehouse/storage space, and 12,096 SF of vehicle maintenance and wash area. The overall parcel is 10.02 acres; the site will be subdivided into two parcels, one 7.06-acre parcel that will be the site for the Triad Machinery development and a 2.96-acre adjacent parcel to the south along 24th Street E will be developed at a future date. Project will include installation of stormwater facilities, utilities, and landscaping and pedestrian spaces along 136th Ave E. Wetlands are present to the south of Triads development and Triad will comply with required buffers and provide buffer enhancement planting on their parcel.
2215 N 30th Street
Tacoma, WA 98403
Andrew Lundgren, Owner
18200 NE Riverside Parkway
Portland OR 97230
Lead Agency: City of Sumner
The lead agency for this proposal has determined that it does not have a probable significant adverse impact on the environment. An environmental impact statement (EIS) is not required under RCW 43.21C.030 (2)(c). This decision was made after review of a completed environmental checklist and other information on file with the lead agency. This information is available to the public on request.
This DNS is issued under 197-11-340 (2); the lead agency will not act on this proposal for 14 days from the publish date below.
Responsible Official: Ryan Windish
Position/Title: Community Development Director
Address: 1104 Maple Street Suite 250, Sumner, WA 98390
Phone: (253) 299- 5524
Questions or comments: Scott Waller, Associate Planner, email@example.com, 253-299-5527
SEPA MITIGATION MEASURES
- Noise – noise levels shall comply with those listed in SMC 8.14 and sound attenuating materials shall be installed as needed around all sound generating equipment such that they do not exceed allowable levels.
- Lighting – all lighting shall be directed away from wetlands and stream and down shielded to prevent light pollution onto neighboring properties and or the ROW.
- Aesthetics- Cranes and other large equipment shall be stored in the lowest position feasible when not in use.
- Wetland buffers on the Triad site need to be protected in an easement, dedicated tract or other method approved by the Director per , SMC 16.46.190 (A), and an easement for ingress/egress provided by the property owner that grants the City access to these buffer areas for future maintenance, conservation and restoration measures.
- Mitigation and monitoring shall be implemented per approved Buffer Mitigation Planting, Maintenance and Monitoring Plan prior to or concurrent with site development and consistent with SMC 16.46.
- Prior to building permit issuance, the property shall be required to have recorded title notifications of the following hazard areas, on forms provided by the City:
- Wetland protection area
- Aquifer recharge area
- Seismic hazard area
- Volcanic hazard area
- The proposed short plat will need to be completed prior to development permit issuance for Triads proposed development.