Are you inspired? Here’s how to enjoy Sumner even more.
Doing Business – Manufacturing
Sumner has the recipe for success for international corporations like GKN aerospace, Cummins and Amazon.com as well as home-grown businesses like Penny’s Salsa, Dillanos Coffee Roasters, Bellmont Cabinets, Northwest Delights and more. What can we do for you?
- Easy access to both the Port of Tacoma and Port of Seattle
- No local B&O tax
- Space for future development in the Puget Sound
- Quality local infrastructure including a newly repaved 142nd Avenue, new 24th Street interchange and Traffic Avenue/SR 410 interchange that’s about to be expanded.
- Connection to employees in affordable housing
- Connection to more employees via Sound Transit.
Doing Business – Retail
Sumner’s classic Main Street welcomes businesses that know your name, including interior designers, upcycling vintage, independent restaurants, boutiques, books and health food. Featured in Seattle Magazine, Sunset Magazine, Evening Magazine and South Sound Magazine, it’s a destination but also a daily stop for locals, bringing multiple audiences. In addition, Sumner’s East Main Neighborhood boasts modern development in the classic style with chains like Fred Meyer, Jimmie John’s, T-Mobile and Verizon joining locals like Car Smart Auto and Aversano’s. We offer
- Options for classic Main Street or more modern amenities near the Gordon Family YMCA, largest in the state of Washington.
- No local B&O tax.
- Lower sales tax rate than most King County and other Pierce County cities.
- Helpful city staff ready to get you into Sumner to do business.
- Strong destination brand featured in national and international media.
- Partnerships to expand your reach with Travel Tacoma + Pierce County, Tacoma South-Sound Sports Commission, Association of the U.S. Army, Puyallup-Sumner Chamber of Commerce, The Chamber Collective and more regional efforts.
With lodging options ranging from comfortable chain hotel to VRBO properties, Sumner welcomes you “home” for the evening or week. Centrally located with rail access to Tacoma and Seattle, Sumner also offers easy access to Mt. Rainier, the Washington State Fairgrounds and Washington’s Wine Country. Explore outdoors and big city life, but come home to the charming small-town vibe. Check out our website www.rhubarbpiecapital.com for how to get here, where to stay & where to eat.