Learn more about the demographics in Sumner. Click here to begin.
The Sumner-Bonney Lake School District offers a variety of programs, including a Career and Technical Education program, DECA, International Baccalaureate and more.
For higher education options, Sumner has many opportunities nearby, located only
- 5 miles to Pierce College
- 12 miles to Bates Tech College
- 12 miles to Green River College
- 12 miles to University of Washington Tacoma
- 13 miles to Pacific Lutheran University
- 15 miles to University of Puget Sound
- 16 miles to Clover Park Technical College
Staff Training Resources
Invista Performance Solutions is a collaboration of four regional colleges to offer businesses a wide range of training options including
- Training classes on topics ranging from Management to Computer Skills
- Customized training specifically for your business
- Performance improvement solutions that move an organization through meaningful change
Located at the junction of three State freeways, Sumner enjoys easy access to many locations where your employees may reside. Unfortunately, such access also means that Sumner experiences the crunch of regional traffic congestion. There are some alternate transportation options for your employees.
Sound Transit’s Sumner Station allows employees to commute to Sumner from Seattle, Lakewood, Tacoma, Federal Way and other major cities by train or bus. The Station offers easy access to Downtown Sumner.
Beyond the Borders is a regular circulator bus that offers free transportation to youth, senior citizens, disabled and low-income. Pre-registration is required.
The Sumner Link Trail offers a walking/bicycle path that connects the Sumner Station to most of the industrial area. Eventually, the fully connected trail will offer a non-vehicular route extending from Seattle to Mt. Rainier.