Please brush up on basic safety tips to keep pedestrians, bicycles and vehicles moving safely through Sumner.
- Wear a helmet (all ages).
- Avoid riding on the sidewalk in crowded business areas.
- Yield to pedestrians on sidewalks and in crosswalks.
- Wear lights/reflective gear if riding in the dark
- Look both ways when crossing the road.
- Don’t get distracted with your cell phones.
- Stay off railroad tracks; never try to “beat” a train at a crossing.
- Use crosswalks and even lighted crosswalks when available.
- Clearly indicate to drivers that you intend to cross the road.
- Yield to both pedestrians and bicycles.
- Come to a complete stop at stop signs and look both ways.
- Remember, crosswalks are at any intersection of streets, whether it’s painted or not.
- Do not exceed the speed limit.